Lake Shore Drive Dining Room
A traditional couple needed help to choose fabrics to re-upholster their gorgeous Baker dining room chairs, corner bench, and window sheers. We pulled in the color from their current wall paper, as well as their current wool rug.
- For quick and easy measures we sometimes use an APP on the IPAD called “Measures”. We used the APP to get the measurements of the bench, dining room chairs, and window sheers. We send these images to our upholsterer to get an approximate yardage, and upholstery labor cost. Once we have this information, we head to our fabric sources.We rely on the wonderful staff from the showrooms to guide us to what might be best for the client based on function, cleanability, and wearability.
- We collect samples of everything so that we can present to our client. Look at the image of the wall paper sample next to paint swatches of
colors we pulled in from the rug, as well as the silk fabric for the corner bench.
- Cadmium presented 3 choices for each area. The client chose our favorite fabric for each respective area. We ordered the yardage right away and made arrangements with the upholsterer to pick up the chairs and bench. The window sheers were manufactured from a small workroom near the client that they had a relationship with.
- On the Dining Chairs, we chose this floral print with a small repeat that is a blend of natural and synthetic materials.
- For the windows treatments, we went with a blend for the sheers that co-ordinated in a subtle way with the wallpaper.
The room turned out quite lovely and our clients were pleased!